The Campus Engagement Coordinator (CEC) supports an organizational goal to facilitate collaboration and connection between tenant partner agencies through Campus Connection programming. The Campus Engagement Coordinator will build and maintain positive professional relationships with staff who work on the Campus of Caring, while planning and administering professional development presentations and networking opportunities for those stakeholders. A successful CEC will result in a more connected campus community, fostering a deep sense of campus culture. The CEC reports directly to the Director of Community Relations and will adhere to policies established by the Board of Directors as well as to the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, superior “people” skills, and a positive attitude. The ideal candidate will always look for ways to be helpful.
- Must work well with persons of diverse racial, ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds, and with individuals who are differently-abled.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to social justice and/or community service through previous employment and/or volunteer experience.
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience creating graphics in Canva or Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and/or others in the Adobe Suite is helpful.
- Small event-planning. Must be able to organize and manage diverse activities, set realistic deadlines, manage a timeline, and set priorities under pressure.
- Must have strong administrative skills, be attentive to detail, be highly organized, motivated, & remain flexible under pressure with the ability to exercise independent judgement.
- Ability to work as a facilitator, eliciting input without imposing your perspective.
- At least 3-years work experience.
- Flexibility with scheduling work hours for some nights and weekends, which will be compensated with equal time off.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining positive relationships.
- You do not need IT experience for this job, but you must be comfortable with technology and ready to learn new systems, to support and assist with basic troubleshooting.
- Regular attendance at the facility, remote work is not optimal.
- Professionalism is required in all facets of this position.
- Appropriate workplace attire.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
General Office Functions
- Be a generous host to all who enter the building.
- Be prepared to be taken off task many times a day to troubleshoot requests from tenants and visitors – this may take a minute; it may take an hour.
- Annual Agency Surveys. Format questions in survey software, send out, and follow up for timely completion. Compile, analyze, and report results. Evaluate and suggest updates/changes to survey for future surveys.
- Organize and plan two All-Agency meetings per year, according to by-laws.
- Update Glasser/Schoenbaum website calendar.
- Mission Moments for Glasser/Schoenbaum board meetings.
- Coordinate and support non-tenant use of conference-rooms, including set-up and return of IT equipment. Support tenants in troubleshooting any issues with the conference rooms as needed, including AV set-up and conveying general policies for use.
- Hang out with your awesome co-workers at regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Keep up with ever-changing developments and initiatives at the Center.
- Build community across the Center, including staying attuned to the needs of the tenants, managing tenant-specific programing, connecting tenants around common interests and outcomes, and supporting implementation of collaborative strategy.
- Work with the rest of the Center’s staff to assess and address the best use of common areas and look for imaginative ways to animate spaces across the campus.
- Attendance of all Campus Connection & DEI events.
- Campus Connection Events, including professional development and DEI seminars, and networking opportunities. Initiate planning with Glasser/Schoenbaum staff. Responsible for execution of events including scheduling speakers, coordinating food delivery, invitation distribution and reminders, RSVP response and tracking, attendance follow-up, set-up, break-down and clean-up of conference rooms (COVID protocols), set-up of virtual platform.
- Food Truck Coordination 4x/yr.- scheduling, communication.
- Build the campus culture and community by attending tenant events when possible.
- Help promote and support all Center-led events, as well as tenants’ open events, with inspiring, brief emails and conversation carrots.
- Recommend new programs and activities that will benefit all tenants and/or their staff.
- Share information with the Glasser/Schoenbaum team and tenants.
- Actively seek and identify initiatives on which tenants and/or Glasser/Schoenbaum can collaborate.
- Assist in the creation of a Charter to formalize the intention of the Campus Community.
- Help develop and implement an on-boarding process for new tenant staff.
- Conduct outreach to broaden community awareness.
- Support Center-led programming for non-tenants and the community.
- Implement programming based on research recommendations of the SRQ Clinic to Community network study.
Position training will come from current employees however, additional training opportunities are encouraged and supported.
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
Compensation: $20.00/hr. Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance offered per company policy
- Company match of retirement contributions is offered per company policy
- Generous PTO and nine scheduled holidays off
- Professional development opportunities available and encouraged
- Mileage and partial phone reimbursement
- Fun workplace with a great team environment
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements and working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change; e.g., emergencies, deadlines, personnel changes, workload and technological development, etc.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.