We are on the lookout for a dynamic and experienced Director of Development to join our team. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will lead and execute comprehensive fundraising strategies, creating stronger systems for the development and maintenance of donor relationships, grant-writing, some marketing and communications, ensuring the sustainability of our mission, and fostering the spirit of camaraderie that defines us.
Fundraising Strategy and Execution
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy that reflects the heart of our organization's goals and objectives.
- Lead and execute fundraising campaigns, events, and initiatives to secure financial support, leveraging the collaborative spirit of our close-knit team.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with donors, creating a sense of community around our shared mission.
Donor Relations and Development
- Develop and direct the ongoing effort to identify and acquire additional funds for the organization on a continuing basis, primarily through the solicitation of funds from private institutions and individuals in support of organizational needs.
- Work with Executive Director and Board of Directors for prospect/donor identification, cultivation, visitations, conducting program, events, solicitation campaigns.
- Supervise the development and preparation of grant proposals, reports to funders, provide solicitation materials, and other correspondence and printed matter that may be necessary to carry out solicitations and cultivations.
- Responsible for implementing fundraising efforts targeted to individual contributors.
- Develop and maintain procedures monitoring donations received and acknowledging donor and granting organization contributions.
- Prepare proposals, reports, letters, brochures, and other written materials as needed and required by individual donors.
- Directly supervise development staff.
- Implement stewardship strategies that go beyond acknowledgment to truly engage and involve our supporters.
Grant Writing and Management
- Identify and pursue grant opportunities that align with our organization's values and amplify our impact.
- Craft compelling grant proposals, reports, and materials that reflect the passion and dedication of our small but mighty team.
- Develop and manage such annual special events as ceremonial dinners, receptions, community and cultural outings.
- Take ownership of managing or leading fundraising events, infusing them with the warmth and unity that defines our organizational culture.
- Collaborate with the team to create events that resonate with our donors and showcase the strength of our close-knit community.
- Ensure effective overall administration and sound fiscal management of program goals and objectives.
- Undertake any secondary tasking and responsibilities deemed necessary for maintaining positive public relations.
- Enhance professional expertise through membership in applicable professional organizations and participation in continuing education related to assigned responsibilities.
Desired Knowledge, Education and Experience
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a related position, including a proven track record of previous experience in fund development and supervising and supporting a diverse staff team.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to develop and execute effective fundraising strategies that resonate with our shared mission and values.
- Solid understanding of non-profit services organizations.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; demonstrates sensitivity and tact in interpersonal relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including well-developed public speaking skills.
- Proven ability to network with community resources, build relationships and create community partnerships, embodying the collaborative spirit that defines our organization.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Suite, Constant Contact, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets for projects, grants, and annual fundraising and communications planning.
- CFRE Certification a plus.
- DonorPerfect experience preferred.
Competencies and Behaviors
To successfully meet the requirements of the position, the following competencies and behaviors must be demonstrated:
- Believes in and practices the mission, goals of the program.
- Ability to work as a positive team leader, facilitating a team environment through personal behavior, work contributions and the sharing of experience and knowledge.
- Facilitates the development of new ideas and methods for program enhancement and adjusts and adapts to changes.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner.
- Effective interpersonal skills under all types of conditions, exhibiting a supportive, positive approach.
- Demonstrates a high degree of personal initiative with good planning and organizational skills.
- Maintains timely and accurate files.
- Ability to adjust to the ever-changing needs of the organization and multi-task efficiently.
- Demonstrates strong administrative skills and abilities.
- Commitment to related personal and professional development.
Salary, Hours, and Benefits
Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000 annually
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, with some nights and/or weekends as necessary.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance offered per company policy
- Company match of retirement contributions is offered per company policy
- Generous PTO and nine scheduled holidays off
- Professional development opportunities available and encouraged
- Mileage and partial phone reimbursement
- Fun workplace with a great team environment
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements and working conditions associated with the job.
Glasser/Schoenbaum is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran’s status, or any other protected category.